An art blog less about process and theory, and more of a portfolio for me to dump my nonsense. Updates M, W, F, or whenever I feel like it.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Apparently pinching doesn't work

Last night I had a dream where my teeth were falling out. It's one I have fairly consistently, and as a result, I became aware this time that it was likely unreal. In the dream I began to pinch myself with increasing force, but nothing happened and the dream proceeded as normal. When I woke up it took me a while to remember that it had happened, but I seem to have lost a little faith in reality.

Moving on. Here's a sculpture I did last February (2010). I didn't have anything in mind when I started making it, so its form was plucked from the aether and surprised me as it manifested.

Maybe one day it will be painted, and as long as we're dreaming, I'd really like to make a cast of it and make resin replicas. We'll see how that goes.

I only have a little scrap of Sculpey left and I haven't been able to find anywhere to buy more in Arkansas yet, so my sculpting may cease for the time being.





May you always wake up when you want to,
-Theo

1 comment:

  1. He looks like an adorable and cuddly version of something out of Doom.

    (captcha: ritiolat)

    ReplyDelete