An art blog less about process and theory, and more of a portfolio for me to dump my nonsense. Updates M, W, F, or whenever I feel like it.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Lego people are easier to draw than real people.



WASTELAND:


I drafted this comic a in Olympia, WA on Hourly Comic Day a couple of years ago. Granted this one wasn't part of the event (it took more than an hour, and didn't fit with the subject matter), but the whole day is a nice way to get people motivated and inspired about the medium and it sparks a lot of ideas. If you haven't participated in an Hourly Comic Day (Feb, 1st), I'd highly recommend it.

After having followed the same drafting formats for so long, this comic was really an attempt to play with layouts a little bit and to go beyond the borders of the panels. I know it's not that radical, but you have to realize that most of my comics before this where perfect 2x8 boxes without any deviation.

I hope you enjoy it!



I'm tagging this with the "Lego" label even though this isn't made out of Legos, aaannd these could very well be Mega Blocks for copyright infringement purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment