An art blog less about process and theory, and more of a portfolio for me to dump my nonsense. Updates M, W, F, or whenever I feel like it.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

My family just got bigger

I want to wish the warmest of congratulations to my sister Elise and my new brother in law Jonathan. I just got back from their lovely wedding where amazing food, company, and dancing were in abundance. It's gems of comfort like this that really fuel you through the year. =)

All that I have to post that is slightly relevant are some sketches from the bike-trip in Tuscany I went on with them several months ago:




















The first is a wishing well from a courtyard in San Gimignano.
The second is a low angle shot of an arched walk way in the same town.
The last one (below) is the top of the Duomo di Siena as seen from across town.
 
Each sketch was done in a couple of hours with mechanical pencil on heavy acid-free paper . . . if it matters. Please click the photos so you can see them full size; they look much better that way. This is true for everything I post on this blog.

2 comments:

  1. Mechanical pencils are the shit. .5 or .7? I really like the well for some reason.
    (captcha: "hieston")

    ReplyDelete
  2. 0.7.
    0.5's always break on me.
    Thanks for the comment =) The well Was pretty cool and all made of stone. There was a grate over the top though, so I couldn't throw anything in. . . or anyone.

    ReplyDelete