An art blog less about process and theory, and more of a portfolio for me to dump my nonsense. Updates M, W, F, or whenever I feel like it.

Monday, November 8, 2010

Noise

__________________________________
       As I walked one dreary evening,
       Trundling though a wooded glen,
       I felt a strange and awkward presence
       Mumbling each now and then.
       This mumbling soon grew into
       A deeply bodied growl,
       Coming from a place nearby,
       Put forth by something foul.
       "Stop!" I said so loudly
       I could see my voice appear
       Wavering in the pitch black,
       I spoke again as it drew near.
       "What are you fiend? Why bother me
       With constant vicious groans?
       Have you come to prey on me
       And pick clean all my bones?
       Why do you growl so?
       Are you a ghoul with skin of gray,
       Or perhaps a succubus
       Here to drink my soul away?
       Stop grumbling you unknown brute,
       You ruthless carnivore!
       Be you changing lycanthrope
       Or twice mouthed manticore?
       What mythic beast could roar as such,
       To shake my very person?
       And since I can not see you,
       My confusion only worsens."
       "Well what are you?" the voice then said,
       "Have you claw or hand?"
       "I," I said, "Am hungry . . .
       Oh now I understand."
___________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment