An art blog less about process and theory, and more of a portfolio for me to dump my nonsense. Updates M, W, F, or whenever I feel like it.

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Old Costumes

Still in the process of coming up with and constructing a costume. I need something that won't be time intensive, but also something that's original and shows how much I care for the spirit of getting in character.Presented here are some costumes from 2006 and 2008:

This demon costume was initially slated to be accompanied with black wings, but I never finished duct-taping those coat-hangers together.


Otherwise, it was a simple assemblage of body paint, hair dye spray, and a ragged black robe for the bottom. The scythe was some inked wood lashed to a large stick.



When all the soul reaping is said and done, the damned still know how to have a good time.


The party I went to was hosted by friends of friends of friends, and as a result I did not know who to apologize to when I found out that I got red face paint all over EVERYTHING. Ceiling, fridge, walls, other people, toaster, chairs, etc . . .


The mechanic butterfly is my friend Ross, btw.

In 2008 I went as a robot handed coal-miner. . . at least that's what I told most people when they didn't understand what I meant by "Steampunk engineer."


Here's a nice description of what that entails:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steampunk


The vest, fingerless glove, and pick were borrowed items, but the rest was cobbled from leather, paper, and dumpster scraps with a hot-glue gun.


These goggles had lenses from my old 
glasses in them so that I could still see. 
The leather came from an old hat.

My robot arm was constructed of woven titanium, had a load potential of 400 lbs, and was capable of bouncing 30 quarters into plastic cups of beer in 23.75 seconds.


It also had clock gears glued to it. . . just for fun.

1 comment:

  1. That 'robot miner' hand is pretty sick. Also, if you go to a friendofafriendofafriend's party and _don't_ get red facepaint all over everything, I'll be disappointed.

    (captcha: tringesi)

    ReplyDelete